General Information June 15, 2011
Code of Ethics
CIF Sac-Joaquin Section Sportsmanship Resolution
It is the duty of all concerned with high school athletics:
- To emphasize the proper ideals of sportsmanship, ethical conduct and fair play.
- To eliminate all possibilities which tend to destroy the best values of the game.
- To stress the values derived from playing the game fairly.
- To show cordial courtesy to visiting teams and officials.
- To establish a happy relationship between visitors and hosts.
- To respect the integrity and judgment of sports officials.
- To achieve a thorough understanding and acceptance of rules of the game and the standards of eligibility.
- To encourage leadership, use of initiative and good judgment by the player on a team.
- To recognize that the purpose of athletics is to promote the physical, mental, moral, social and emotional well-being of the individual players.
- To remember that an athletic contest is only a game – not a matter of life and death for the player, coach, school, officials, fan, community, state or nation.