Hispanic/Latinx Heritage Month
Join Jesuit's Latinos Unidos club in celebrating, Sept. 15 - Oct. 15
From September 15 to October 15, Jesuit High School celebrates the contributions of our Hispanic/Latinx students, faculty, staff, and community members. Also, read about how our Latinos Unidos (formerly called ‘La Raza’) club members connected with their culture through service in Los Angeles.
Since 1988, the National Hispanic Heritage Month has honored the many contributions of Hispanic & Latinx Americans to the US, encompassing people from the Caribbean, Mexico, Central America, South America and Spain.
Learn more about noteworthy Hispanic & Latinx . . .
- Leaders: Cesar Chavez, Dolores Huerta
- Writers: Sandra Cisneros, Julia Alvarez, Rudolfo Anaya
- Athletes: Diana Taurasi, Alex Rodriguez
- Artists: Marc Anthony, Shakira, Oscar Isaac, Lin-Manuel Miranda
Learn, explore, attend
- Learn about Hispanic Heritage Month by visiting the official site
- Understand the Definition of Hispanic vs Latino
- View the PBS series on Latino Americans
Check out these resources celebrating the contributions of Hispanic & Latinx Americans:
- American Latino Museum
- Museum of Modern Latin American Art
- LULAC (League of United Latin American Citizens)
Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute events for the week of Sept. 14-18