Matthew Pyrc’, S.J.
Theology / Directory of Liturgy
Fr. Pyrc´, S.J. Currently teaches Freshman Theology, Liturgy Workshop and works part-time in campus ministry. He performs sacramental duties on campus and school retreats, leads a senior immersion trip, and is a team chaplain for Water Polo, Lacrosse, and Robotics. He has a passion for travel and cultures, visiting Africa, Europe, Asia, South & Central American countries. In addition Fr. Pyrc´ has enjoyed an extended time living in Toronto and Cali, Colombia. He is currently writing a novel that involves spirituality & theology in an Urban Fantasy genre. If you are on the American River Bike Trail you may see him speeding by on his bike where he often rides.
Fr. Matthew Pyrc’, S.J. received an undergraduate degree in Psychology from Franciscan University, his Master of Divinity from Regis College of the Theology consortium at the University of Toronto, and his Masters in Theology and his licentiate degrees from the Jesuit School of Theology of Santa Clara University in Berkeley. Prior to entering the Jesuits in 2006 he administered a High School Dropout and prevention/intervention program in Spokane, WA. Before coming to Jesuit, he worked as a Campus Minister at Seattle University.
- B.A. with a Major in Psychology from Franciscan University of Steubenville
- Bachelor of Sacred Theology (S.T.B.), Regis College of the Toronto School of Theology, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Master of Divinity from Regis College of the Toronto School of Theology, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Master of Theology (ThM), Jesuit School of Theology of Santa Clara Univ at Berkeley
- Licentiate of Sacred Theology (S.T.L.) Jesuit School of Theology of Santa Clare Univ. at Berkeley
- Speech & Debate
- Mountain Biking Club
- Liturgy Planning Club