High School Placement Test (HSPT) FAQs
Frequently asked questions
Who takes the HSPT?
For all applicants to grades 9 and 10.
How do I sign up?
- A completed and submitted application to Jesuit High School along with payment of the $50 application fee, holds your place for this test
- Late applicants will be notified by email with information and the testing date.
Can I use a calculator?
Calculators are not allowed.
What do I do if my son requires accommodations?
If your son requires accommodations for testing, you must submit all documentation (504 Plans or an IEP) prior to the date of his test.
Send a copy of an IEP or 504 to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your son does not have either of these forms then please send a letter from the principal or teacher from his school listing the accommodations your son currently receives.
What is on the HSPT? How long does it take?
- There are 5 sections including verbal skills, quantitive skills, reading comprehension, mathematics and language.
- There are no deductions for incorrect answers.
- The regular test takes approximately 3-3.5 hours, the practice test takes 2.5 hours.
What do you wear to the test?
Students should get plenty of rest the night before and eat a good breakfast; they may dress in casual attire.
Is the HSPT all multiple choice?
Yes. The exam consists of approximately 300 multiple-choice questions.
When will I get my results?
Your results will be shared at the same time acceptance letters are mailed. Your results will include a guide on how to read your scores.