2018 Senior Grad Night
Saturday, May 26th - Overnight Fun!
Dear Parents of Seniors,
The Loyola Guild is pleased to announce that Grad Night 2018 will be a four-hour “Marauder Cruise” aboard a yacht (the evening of May 26th into Sunday, May 27th). The yacht departs from Alameda, CA, and will circumnavigate the San Francisco Bay. Seniors will be transported by bus to and from Alameda (departing from and returning to Jesuit High School).
The “Marauder Cruise” will be aboard the Fume Blanc. Here is information on the Fume Blanc (the interior is in the process of being renovated for prom season): https://www.commodoreevents.com/our-fleet/fume-blanc/
Here is a grad night video on another yacht: https://vimeo.com/72311362
Grad Night Timeline:
- 9:00 p.m. – Seniors board bus at Jesuit High School for departure to Alameda (** searched before boarding bus)
- 11:00 p.m. – Arrive Commodore Cruises and begin boarding the Fume Blanc
- 11:15 p.m. – Cruise Underway around the San Francisco Bay with views of AT&T Park, Bay Bridge, Fisherman’s Wharf, Exploratorium, Alcatraz, etc., and sails within a half-mile of the Golden Gate.
- 3:15 a.m. – Boat returns to dock for disembarking and students board buses for return to Jesuit High School
- 5:00 a.m. - Buses arrive at Jesuit High School
What is Included with the Cruise:
Entertainment will consist of a DJ on board, casino (blackjack and craps table), caricature artist and/or strolling magician, photo booth, and karaoke.
Food and beverage choices:
Taco station (shredded chicken with toppings), pasta station (marinara & alfredo sauces), salads, rolls, desserts (cookies, lemon bars, brownies, and rice krispy treats), soda, juices, and coffee/tea.
Please Note: All food items served will be nut free to protect those with peanut allergies.
Grad Night tickets will be $150 per person.
Tickets can be purchased by CLICKING HERE. Please be aware that the price per ticket will increase as we get closer to graduation. Purchase dates and the respective deadline will be announced at a later date.
- Do students fall off the boat? No. There is a rail along the top tier and they would have to intentionally jump to get into the water.
- Do students get seasick? No. It is unlikely given that the Bay is calm at this time of year.
- Will the students be bored? No. Besides taking in the sights while listening to music and eating at the taco, pasta and dessert stations, there will be on board entertainment which includes casino tables, a photo booth, a caricature artist and/or magician, and karaoke.
**No alcohol, controlled substances, gum, large bags, backpacks or bottles are allowed on the boat. Seniors will be searched before departure from Jesuit High School.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions @ (916) 847-1153 or Jshalawah@gmail.com