Full-Time Administrative & HR Assistant / Payroll Position Available
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for administrative support of day-to-day operations for the Business Office team (AP, AR, HR, CFO), with primary responsibility in human resources. This position requires professional, discreet demeanor with strong communication skills.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Process and administer semi-monthly payroll while ensuring compliance with all state and federal wage & hour laws
- Assist with onboarding of volunteers and ensure compliance with required documents, i.e. I-9, payroll/HRIS system and any state and federal specific requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a collaborative team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision making
- General administrative responsibilities, such as: answering phone, being the first point of contact in Business office, file maintenance, etc.
- Manages school van reservations and DMV clearance
- Maintains postage meter and assists employees with use as needed
- 2+ years’ experience in similar human resources support role
- Strong knowledge of payroll processing from start to finish. Experience with Paylocity system a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
The ideal candidate is detailed orientated, has the initiative to complete tasks timely and accurately, and is a genuine team player.
Jesuit High School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pre-employment background screening, drug screen, TB and DMV required