Full-Time Building Maintenance Mechanic
Jesuit High School (JHS) is currently accepting applications for a full-time Building Maintenance Mechanic.
Under the general supervision of the Plant Manager, the Building Maintenance Mechanic is a skilled generalist, performing at a high level in many trades. The Building Maintenance Mechanic will independently perform a variety of skilled preventive and general maintenance, repair, construction, and renovation work on facilities and systems.
- Performs general and preventative maintenance
- Assists with maintaining records and schedules of preventative maintenance
- Assists and coordinates contracted personnel in the completion of projects on campus
- Understanding of blueprints, drawings, schematics and written technical documents
- Assists Building and Grounds staff with the day-to-day setup and breakdown of events on campus
- Operates machinery
- Demonstrated knowledge of building and safety codes and regulations related to facilities systems and renovations.
- Knowledge and hands on experience in troubleshooting, repair and replacement in HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, Fire Alarm, Roofing, Painting and Wall Repair
Education and Experience
- 2 years of demonstrated knowledge of building and safety codes and regulations related to facilities systems and renovations.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work professionally, cooperatively, and safely with a variety of vendors
- Ability to use standard office equipment (desktop computer), and standard office software (Microsoft Office Suite) and internet
If this seems like a good fit with your background and interest, we’d love to hear from you.
Please complete the staff position application along with any additional requirements listed within the application
Jesuit High School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pre-employment background screening, drug screen, TB and DMV required