Full-Time, Prefect/Guest Teacher Coordinator and Library Supervisor
Jesuit High School (JHS) is currently accepting applications for a Prefect/Guest Teacher Coordinator and Library Supervisor. This is a full-time, hourly position with a 9-month assignment each academic year.
Must be willing to follow all state and federal guidelines in a potential COVID-19 environment
The Prefect/Guest Teacher Coordinator is responsible for working with the Dean’s Office and the ReadySub perfecting program to coordinate daily and weekly assignments. The Prefect Coordinator will determine the necessary number of Prefects from the off-campus and on-campus Prefects to meet the needs for each school day.
This person will contact members of the off-campus Prefect pool in advance of Jesuit’s prefecting needs. The Prefect Coordinator will assign each Prefect for one or multiple days and for one or multiple periods depending on the daily and weekly needs.
- Utilize the prefect software to manage the various options for class coverage so tour prefecting resources are used efficiently.
- Email Jesuit teachers upon their return from their absence to verify their instructions were completed to their satisfaction
- Coordinate the daily check in procedures for all off-campus Prefects including daily classroom coverage assignments and yard duty assignments.
- Coordinate the daily check out procedures for all off-campus Prefects at the conclusion of prefecting and yard duty responsibilities.
- Perform campus supervision duties as assigned in the Harris Center during collaboration periods (typically, but not always Wednesday morning) as well as faculty meeting periods (typically, but not always Friday morning).
College degree strongly preferred. Must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain confidentiality, have strong multi-tasking ability, and be a self-starter. Prefect must be able to enforce basic rules of conduct with high school age students.
If this seems like a good fit with your background and interest, we’d love to hear from you. Please complete the staff position application along with any additional requirements listed within the application.
Jesuit High School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pre-employment background screening, drug screen, TB and DMV required