Full-Time Visual Art Teacher Position
Jesuit High School (JHS) is currently accepting applications for a full-time Studio Art Teacher
As the Visual Art Teacher, you will:
- Teach knowledge and skills in art, including drawing, painting, digital art, graphic design, and possibly animation or special effects
- Provide instruction by which students develop aesthetic concepts and appreciation, and the ability to make qualitative judgments about visual art
- Proficient in the Adobe Suite, especially InDesign and Illustrator
- Demonstrate techniques in activities such as drawing and painting
- Understand and teach a variety of ‘masters’ techniques
- Provide students with historic and cultural context
- Knows and can apply elements of design and modern principles of art
- Provide individual and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students with varying intellectual and artistic abilities, and vary instructional techniques to meet students where they are
- Evaluate each student’s performance and growth in knowledge, aesthetic understandings and provide consistent feedback
- Select appropriate books, instructional materials and/or required tools for each level
- Plan and present art displays, both physically and digitally, to exhibit student artwork
- Create/revision scope and sequence of curriculum that will provide a pathway for students to participate in Visual Art all four years
Must be willing to wear a face covering when appropriate and follow the schools “Back to School” guidelines in a potential COVID-19 environment.
If this seems like a good fit with your background and interest, we’d love to hear from you. Please complete the faculty position application along with any additional requirements listed within the application.
Jesuit High School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pre-employment background screening, drug screen, TB and DMV required