Executive Assistant to the Principal Position Available
Application Deadline: October 23, 2018
The Executive Assistant to the Principal provides administrative support to the Principal of Jesuit High School and the Assistant Principal for Instruction and Student Life. This position serves as the initial contact for the Principal’s Office and interacts with a variety of constituents, including parents, prospective parents, students, faculty and staff. The Executive Assistant handles highly confidential and sensitive issues on behalf of the Principal, and must be highly committed to the mission of Jesuit High School.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the Principal’s calendar by scheduling appointments and organizing activities such as meetings, teacher observations and travel arrangements. Anticipates the needs of the Principal in advance of meetings, deadlines and projects and ensures that all details are managed.
- Assigns prefects each morning, ideally by 7:30 a.m., to provide classroom coverage for absent teachers, and provides a list of absent teachers and academic staff to administrators and Human Resources.
- Manages the work flow of the Main Office, assuring that school policies are followed and the office has adequate coverage and staffing.
- Works independently and within a team on ongoing and special projects.
- Works in conjunction with the Student Accounts Manager in the issuing of the annual electronic Re-Enrollment of current students and the Registration of incoming Freshmen.
- Determines the annual schedule of deadlines for the Principal’s Newsletter, coordinating with a variety of constituencies regarding content and submissions, and writing/editing/proofing as needed prior to emailing to parents.
- Works with the Executive Assistant to the President to schedule the Employee Christmas Party and the End-of -Year Awards and Recognition event.
- Maintains the records of pre-approved Professional Growth forms submitted by faculty to the Assistant Principal for Instruction and Student Life, and submits final approvals to Human Resources once completed.
- Gathering information from Program Directors for inclusion in the Principal’s Report to the Board of Trustees and editing as needed for style and consistency.
- Assists the Assistant Principal for Instruction and Student Life in all facets of preparation for Graduation.
- Assures that catering is ordered for In-service days, Formation events, and staff celebrations as needed.
- Coordinates the contents of the Student Summer Mailing and provides mailing data to Custom Mailing Service or similar vendor.
- Takes part in the annual Day of Service.
- Prepares and mails the Faculty Summer Mailing.
- Takes part in the two summer Parent Survival Nights, providing assistance to parents with general questions or concerns.
- Where appropriate, submits maintenance or technology requests regarding any repairs needed, primarily in the Main Office, the Principal’s Office, or in the Office of the Assistant Principal for Instruction and Student Life, or as directed by the Principal.
- Coordinates with the Human Resources Department in the distribution of annual Employment Agreements and returns fully executed agreements to HR for processing.
- Screens and prioritizes incoming calls and correspondence. Exercises independent judgment to determine appropriate action when responding to telephone inquiries and office visitors.
- Maintains confidentiality of all school and personnel-related matters.
- Drafts, edits, and prepares correspondence, reports, and other complex documents for the Principal and Assistant Principal for Instruction and Student Life.
- Coordinates Administrative Team Meeting meetings.
- Supervises ordering of office supply inventory.
- Orders service for office equipment (copiers, folder) and ensures that any supplies for the equipment are on hand.
- As directed, orders or purchases gifts or arranges to send flowers for special events (births, deaths, retirements, etc.)
- Performs other related duties as assigned in support of Jesuit High School.
- High school diploma or GED required, college degree or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 3 – 4 years’ experience in supporting an executive-level position.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, diplomacy and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to interact and communicate with all Jesuit High School constituencies.
- Must be able to foster and work within a team environment.
- Must be able to follow instructions, work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to anticipate and prioritize workload. Multi-tasking skills are essential.
- Attention to detail and accuracy critical.
- Possess excellent written communication skills, including drafting, proofreading and editing.
- Flexibility in adapting to changing work demands.
- Proficiency in all office computer applications, preferably Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with PowerSchool a plus.
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- View computer screen and keyboard for extended periods of time
- Operate various office equipment
- Occasional lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Normal business office environment
- Work extended hours, including evenings and weekends, during events, as requested.
If interested, please forward your resume, cover letter, and completed Application by October 23, 2018. The Jesuit Application (Staff Position) can be found on our website: www.jesuithighschool.org/job
All application materials can be forwarded to:
Chief Financial Officer | Mrs. Anne Long
Jesuit High School
1200 Jacob Lane
Carmichael, CA 95608