FAQs on the Jesuit VIP Program
Review the program guidelines & details
For questions or more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I log into Helper Helper?
If your email address is new to the system, please go to app.helperhelper.com and click “Need a Password for the First Time?”. The system will walk you through the process to log in and reset a new password associated with your new account.
How will Jesuit track that your hours have been fulfilled?
All hours must be tracked in Helper Helper in order to count toward your VIP hours requirement. On May 1, 2024, the VIP office will run a report for all volunteer hours completed PER FAMILY. Your hours will be added up PER FAMILY (not per account). For example, if you completed 12 hours and your spouse/partner completed 13 hours, these hours will show up together on our report as a total of 25. Thus, your requirement will be considered fulfilled. No further action is required (i.e. you do not need to submit a form or a notice of final completion)
How many parent volunteer hours are required?
The volunteer commitment for the 2023-2024 school year is 25 hours per family in support of a Jesuit-related event.
What types of volunteer opportunities are available?
Many opportunities are available throughout the year for families to volunteer for Jesuit-related events such as: fundraising, athletics, Loyola Guild, Boosters, as well as many school organizations & clubs.
Who may perform volunteer hours?
These volunteer hours may be completed by parents or guardians, current students and/or family members over the age of 18. Current student may earn up to 10 of the required 25 hours on behalf of the family.
What is the deadline to complete our family volunteer hours?
Hours may be earned beginning May 1, 2023 and must be completed by April 30, 2024. All volunteer hours must be logged into your Helper Helper account prior to the deadline to avoid a fee.
What if I do not complete the required hours?
Families who do not complete their volunteer hours will pay a $750 non-participation fee. This amount is not prorated for partial hours.
Here are a few more details of the program:
- Due to liability concerns, hours may not be earned by driving students to activities; for additional details about the Jesuit High School Transportation Policy, please refer to the Student-Parent Handbook.
- Donations of cash or gift-in-kind items to the school or to school events do not earn volunteer hours.
- Extra hours earned in one year are not carried over to the following year.
- Additional hours completed may not be given or donated to another family
- Please note: VIP hours are separate from a current student’s Service & Justice hours. All information about Service and Justice can be accessed through the student’s Google Classroom page