Deadline to apply is July 6, 2018.
PART-TIME COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
POSITIONS SUMMARY: This position will assist with the timely, cost-effective, and high-quality production and delivery of a multitude of creative collateral materials targeted to a variety of internal and external audiences; including students, parents, alumni, donors, faculty/staff, and prospective families.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Communications Coordinator ensures the quality, consistency of branding, and presentation of Jesuit High School publications: The Jesuit magazine; brochures; emails; marketing materials including newspaper, magazine, and web advertisements; presentations; programs; manuals and workbooks; invitations; and coordinates Jesuit High School’s online presence with the Webmaster. The Communications Coordinator will ensure that published communications, both hard copy and electronic, reflect the strategic focus, branding, and the identified knowledge and information needs of Jesuit High School.
This is a part-time, year-round position. Jesuit offers a generous salary and a friendly/dedicated staff and motivated students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in creation, production, and dissemination of printed publications for education, development, and administration purposes (such as newsletter, annual report, magazine, marketing brochures, manuals, presentations, and event materials)
- Support the development and execution of identity and collateral materials for major organizational initiatives
- Create and coordinate production schedules and maintain ongoing relationships with internal stakeholders, mail houses, printers, and photographers. Manage vendor relationships to ensure timeliness, product quality, and best pricing
- Proofread and edit faculty, staff, and volunteer contributions, and select appropriate images as needed for publications (both hard copy and electronic)
- Performs in-house production and coordinates outside services as needed
- Photographing school events as needed
- Assist with efforts to remain up-to-date and effective in electronic communications
- Perform day-to-day website maintenance in coordination with the Webmaster: update information on web pages and remove outdated content in a timely manner
- Assist with Jesuit’s social media participation
- Assist with maintaining media archives
- Assist with distribution of press releases
- Assist with pitching to the local media to secure media placement
- Assist with community events and volunteer coordination
- Bachelors Degree in a design-related discipline or equivalent experience
- 1-4 years of design experience preferred
- Proficient with Mac and/or Windows desktop environments
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Familiarity with printing and the print process
- Knowledge of basic video technologies (desired, not required)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with various levels of staff and departments to gather needed information
- Highly organized, task-oriented and attentive to detail
APPLICATIONS AND QUESTIONS:
A job application, cover letter, and resume should be submitted electronically to Beth Tegge, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is July 6, 2018.