Full-Time Publication & Design Specialist Position Available
Deadline to apply is August 2, 2019
Jesuit High School (JHS) is currently accepting applications for a full-time Publication and Design Specialist.
Jesuit High School (JHS) is a Sacramento regional Catholic high school that provides young men with a life-building experience. Founded in 1963, the school delivers an academically rigorous college preparatory education to graduates prepared for lives of leadership and service. Student enrollment is approximately 1070, representing diversity in geography, ethnicity, religious affiliation, and socioeconomic background. JHS draws from more than 90 zip codes throughout the greater Sacramento area, and 99 % of graduates go on to college or university. JHS is home to one of the region’s most successful men’s athletic programs, visual and performing arts (more than 22 art offerings), an award-winning robotics program and a club for every passion. A JHS education fosters a “Men for Others” culture, as students volunteer locally and all over the world, giving more than 27,000 hours annually, primarily to at-risk, underserved and homeless populations.
Does this sound like an environment you would enjoy? At Jesuit High School, we offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and a supportive work environment.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Publication and Design Specialist will find the most effective way to get Jesuit’s messages across in print and electronic media using color, type, illustration, photography, animation, and various print and layout techniques. And, ensures the quality, consistency of branding, and presentation of Jesuit High School collateral and publications. These projects include, but are not limited to,The Jesuit magazine and President’s Report; brochures; flyers; posters; newspaper, magazine, and web advertisements; presentations; programs; manuals and workbooks; and invitations. Additionally, the Designer Specialist will work to enhance Jesuit High School’s online visual presence in partnership with the Digital Content Manager. The Designer Specialist will ensure that published communications, both hard copy and electronic, reflect the strategic focus, branding, and the identified knowledge and information needs of Jesuit High School.
- Multi-page production design and layout
- Work directly with other department units as assigned for their graphic design needs for marketing, fundraising, operational, and other design projects.
- Ensures accuracy and quality of print publication by working with our preferred printers and other vendors.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure timeliness, product quality, and best pricing
- Keep abreast of current trends in design, advertising, and publications; including visual tools and techniques for social media
Education and Experience
- 2 years of experience in a related field or a strong portfolio
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent work experience in print and digital design, branding and color theory a plus
- New graduates are welcome to apply.
If this seems like a good fit with your background and interest, we’d love to hear from you.
Please complete the Staff Position application along with any additional requirements listed within the application. The application deadline is August 2, 2019.