Network Administrator Position Available
Deadline is March 9, 2018.
Staff Position Available
Jesuit High School seeks a highly motivated computer support professional for a full-time year-round position. This individual will work within our Technology Department to support the needs of the entire school community: Academics, Business, Advancement and parent organizations.
Reporting to the Director of Technology, the Network Administrator is responsible for the support and maintenance of all aspects of the school’s networks including servers, desktop systems, and the software that runs on these systems.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Supports servers, appliances, network and desktop hardware, software and applications.
- Rolls out hardware and software as directed to ensure optimal deployment of resources.
- Maintains an inventory of PC and Macs with installed software.
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, profiles, privileges and security
- Performs and monitors daily server backups
- Supports the e-mail systems
- Assists in managing anti-spam and anti-virus servers
- Assists in providing remote connectivity hardware/software support
- Assists in supporting the wireless network
- Helps maintains network documentation regarding hardware/software applications, users, procedures, logs and other related information
- Monitors ensure security of data and access privileges
- Researches, analyzes, monitors, troubleshoots and resolves server or data network problems
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Experience using and troubleshooting Windows servers, PC’s, Macs and tablets in a medium sized network environment (250+ PCs, 1000+ student devices)
- STRONG ability to learn and deploy new applications and hardware
- Experience working with Windows Server 20XX, various versions of Windows and Microsoft Office, Network Printing, Active Directory, Group Policies, Exchange and OS imaging, Network Area Storage, Mac Desktop operating systems and Cisco switches.
- Experience with software and appliances such as: Symantec, Veeam, Zenworks, Barracuda Appliances, Synology NAS
- Excellent organizational, communication and people skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of the technology team
- MIS/Computer Science/IT degree
- Technical certification (A+, N+, MCP, etc.)
- Network level workstation management experience
- Microsoft & Local Area Networks experience
- Cisco, VMware, Veeam, Meraki experience
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. (climb stairs carrying 30 lbs.)
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods at a computer
Salary and Benefits:
Generous hourly wage dependent upon experience and an excellent employer-paid benefits package.
If interested in this exciting job opportunity, please send or e-mail a Staff Application, two letters of reference and resume by March 9th, 2018 to:
Beth K. Tegge, PHR
Director of Human Resources
Jesuit High School
1200 Jacob Lane
Carmichael, CA 95608