Staff Position Available
Staff Position Available
Jesuit High School seeks a highly motivated computer support professional for a temporary non-benefitted position. This individual will be covering for the current network administrator while he is out on medical leave (3-6 months). This individual will work within our Technology Department to support the needs of the entire school community: Academics, Business, Advancement and parent organizations.
Reporting to the Director of Technology, the Network Administrator is responsible for the support and maintenance of all aspects of the school’s networks including servers, desktop systems, and the software that runs on these systems.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Supports servers, appliances, network and desktop hardware, software and applications.
- Rolls out hardware and software as directed to ensure optimal deployment of resources.
- Maintains an inventory of PCs and installed software.
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, profiles, privileges, and security
- Performs and monitors daily server backups
- Supports the e-mail systems
- Assists in managing anti-spam and anti-virus servers
- Assists in providing remote connectivity hardware/software support
- Assists in supporting the wireless network
- Helps maintains network documentation regarding hardware/software applications, users, procedures, logs and other related information
- Monitors ensure security of data and access privileges
- Researches, analyzes, monitors, troubleshoots and resolves server or data network problems
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College degree
- Experience using and troubleshooting Windows servers, PC’s, Macs and tablets in a medium sized network environment (250+ PCs, 1000+ student devices)
- STRONG ability to learn and deploy new applications
- Experience working with Windows Server 20XX, various versions of Windows and Microsoft Office, Network Printing, Active Directory, Group Policies, Exchange and OS imaging and Mac Desktop operating systems.
- Experience with software such as: Symantec, Veritas, Veeam, Zenworks, Barracuda Appliances,
- Excellent organizational, communication and people skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of the technology team
- MIS/Computer Science/IT degree
- Technical certification (A+, N+, MCP, etc.)
- Network level workstation management experience
- Microsoft & Local Area Networks experience
- Cisco, VMware, Veeam, Meraki experience
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. (climb stairs carrying 30 lbs.)
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods at a computer