Share Your Concussion Story
As part of Jesuit Athletic’s partnership for concussion education with TeachAids, a health education non-profit collaborating with Stanford University, USA Football, and the US Olympic Committee, we have a unique opportunity for students and parents.
TeachAids is currently working to create a concussion story wall featuring 1000+ videos of individuals talking about their concussion experiences. Through this project, TeachAids hopes to:
- Allow people to tell their own concussion story
- Destigmatize the injury and legitimize its severity
- Increase public understanding about concussions through education
- Offer a resource to those who have/will experience a concussion and their support system
TeachAids would like to interview Jesuit High School students over FaceTime (or a similar video conferencing app). Interviews would last approximately 15 minutes. They are looking for people who are excited to share their stories:
- Interviewees must be 13+, and have received a concussion (sport or non-sport related)
- They are also looking for parent interviews. Parents, if your son has had a concussion and you’d be willing to be interviewed about your experience, please consider this opportunity as well.
If interested, please fill out the forms linked below: