Designated Prefect Position Available
Deadline to apply is November 16, 2018.
Position: Designated Prefect
Department: Dean’s Office
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to the Dean of Students
FLSA Status: Hourly
Revised: November 8, 2018
Statement of Mission
Jesuit High School of Sacramento is a Roman Catholic college preparatory dedicated to forming competent young men into conscientious leaders in compassionate service to others for the greater glory of God.
The position of Designated Prefect is available for the 2018-19 school year.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Check assigned mailbox by 9:45 a.m. for prefecting assignments; monitor employee email throughout the day for additional assignments that may arise. Position hours are 9:45 am – 6:00 pm
2. During prefecting periods, take roll and follow all instructions left by the absent teacher (e.g. collect homework, give class work, administer a quiz or test, assign homework).
3. Closely monitor student behavior during the class period to maintain appropriate classroom discipline and assure that students are completing their assigned work. Ensure that students are quiet and working on the given assignment during the entire period.
4. Enforce the policies of the Student-Parent Handbook and other policies of the school, both inside and outside of the classroom.
5. Perform campus supervision duties as assigned by the Dean of Students.
6. Participate in faculty meetings and in-services, faculty retreats, school-wide liturgies, and other events expected of faculty and staff if not otherwise needed for supervision elsewhere on campus.
Application Deadline: November 16, 2018