Full-Time Academic Support Center Coordinator Position Available
Deadline to apply is March 27, 2020
Jesuit High School (JHS) is currently accepting applications for a full-time Academic Support Center Coordinator.
The Academic Support Center Coordinator works with the Academic Support Center Director to provide tutoring, tracking, and monitoring of student progress throughout the school day. The Academic Support Center Coordinator is the primary tutor in the Academic Support Center and communicates with parents and teachers as needed to follow-up regarding student academic skills, trends, and assignments. The ASC Coordinator caseload is primarily students who regularly work in the ASC. This position requires a high degree of attention to detail, patience, strong communication skills and the ability to multitask and work in an environment with many distractions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to work with students who have learning differences including Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, ADHD, Autism, Executive Functioning deficits, and processing speed deficits
- Competency and availability to work with tutors and the student tutoring program including the monitoring and tracking of at-risk and struggling student progress
- Monitor, track student progress and communicate with teachers as needed
- Subject-specific support; math and science desired
- Proctor extended-time testing and other academic subject tests as needed
- Evaluation and openness to work in a changing environment and growing program
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience and/or academic coursework specific to students with learning differences
- Familiarity with Ignatian Education
If this seems like a good fit with your background and interest, we’d love to hear from you.
Please complete the faculty position application along with any additional requirements listed within the application. The application deadline is March 27, 2020.
Jesuit High School is an Equal Opportunity Employer