Full-Time School Counselor Position
Application deadline March 19, 2021
Jesuit High School (JHS) is currently accepting applications for a full-time School Counselor position.
- College degree is required with the attainment of a master’s degree and PPS Credential preferred.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain confidentiality, have strong multi-tasking ability, and be a self-starter
- Manage Student Caseload of approximately 200-220
- Conduct individual and small group student meetings
- Conduct Collaboration Period Meetings
- Assist with Wellness curriculum and programming
- Deliver grade level counseling curriculum and performance objectives
- Host college representatives during fall visit season
- Assist students with college search and application process including knowledge of Common App, UC, CSU, Military Academies, HBCU, out of state public college application processes and the community college system
- Assist and attend Counseling Department hosted evening events (Frosh/Soph Parent Night, College Fairs, Paying for College Financial Aid event, College Info Night, Wellness education event, etc.)
- Educate students and families on testing (STS, Pre-ACT, PSAT, SAT & ACT)
- Work with Director of Academic Support Services to identify students with learning differences and in need of additional support
- Consult and work with Wellness Counselor as needed for additional personal/mental health related cases
If this seems like a good fit with your background and interest, we’d love to hear from you. Please complete the faculty position application and any additional requirements listed. Application March 19, 2021
Jesuit High School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pre-employment background screening, drug screen, TB and DMV required