Full-Time Senior Accountant / Accounts Payable Position Available
Deadline to apply is July 15, 2020
Jesuit High School (JHS) is currently accepting applications for a full-time Senior Accountant / Accounts Payable.
Are you a Staff Accountant looking for an opportunity to grow within the accounting field? Are you experienced in hitting the ground running, with detailed accuracy? Are you craving an atmosphere where you can work with a successful team and mentor under a Controller and CFO? Are you focused and confident in accounts payable and accounting knowledge? If this sounds like you, you may be the Senior Accountant/ Accounts payable person we are looking for to join our team.
- As the Senior Accountant/ Accounts Payable (AP) Accountant, you will have primary responsibility for all the accounts payable functions of the school, including:
- Responsibility for performance of weekly AP check run, averaging 50 to 60 checks per week
- Reconcile multiple credit card accounts, each with a high volume of transactions including performance of the monthly reconciliation
- Ability to work with AP subsidiary ledger to balance to GL
- Assisting with accounts payable reconciliations as part of month-end close
- Receiving and processing invoices for payment including verifying information against purchase orders and vendor statements
- Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Analytical – Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Verifying and adding new vendors into the Financial Edge software (GL)
- Responsible for mentoring under the Controller to learn nonprofit accounting for the school.
- Prepares year end 1099s for distribution
- Prepares and submits Federal and State forms (OSHA 300, Business Property Statement Form 571-L, Statement of Information Form SI-100, Welfare Exemptions)
- Assisting in responding to and solving accounts payable inquires and discrepancies
- Provide administrative support to maintain detailed records
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related file
- Minimum 5-10 years accounting experience, non-profit accounting preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience in Financial Edge software preferred
- Must be experienced with the above tasks and comfortable taking immediate responsibility of assignments.
- Must be experienced and confident with accounts payable duties.
- Work confidentially with discretion
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- Advanced verbal, written and interpersonal communications.
- This opportunity is your path to grow in responsibility and knowledge within the department
Must be willing to wear a face covering when appropriate and follow the schools “Back to School” guidelines in a potential COVID-19 environment.
If this seems like a good fit with your background and interest, we’d love to hear from you.
Please complete the staff position application along with any additional requirements listed within the application. The application deadline is July 15, 2020.
Jesuit High School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pre-employment background screening, drug screen, TB and DMV required