Part-Time Assistant Athletic Trainer Position Available
Deadline to apply is August 23, 2019
Jesuit High School (JHS) is currently accepting applications for a part-time Assistant Athletic Trainer. The days and hours for this position will vary; approximately 2-3 days weekly, 4-6 hours daily.
Jesuit High School (JHS) is a Sacramento regional Catholic high school that provides young men with a life-building experience. Founded in 1963, the school delivers an academically rigorous college preparatory education to graduates prepared for lives of leadership and service. Student enrollment is approximately 1070, representing diversity in geography, ethnicity, religious affiliation, and socioeconomic background. JHS draws from more than 90 zip codes throughout the greater Sacramento area, and 99 % of graduates go on to college or university. JHS is home to one of the region’s most successful men’s athletic programs, visual and performing arts (more than 22 art offerings), an award-winning robotics program and a club for every passion. A JHS education fosters a “Men for Others” culture, as students volunteer locally and all over the world, giving more than 27,000 hours annually, primarily to at-risk, underserved and homeless populations.
Does this sound like an environment you would enjoy? At Jesuit High School, we offer competitive pay and a supportive work environment.
- Must have knowledge about large range of medical problems and ability to assess and evaluate with other healthcare professional.
- Independent judgment regarding the assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and return to play decision per CIF/NFHS regulations.
- Injury tracking and documentation and ability to effectively communicate in high stress/pressure situations when talking with patients, medical professionals, staff and families.
- Manage daily tasks during shift including preventative taping, injury evaluations, therapeutic treatment and follow-up care.
- Comply with OSHA and HIPAA requirements
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred
- National Athletic Trainer’s Association Board of Certification (NATABOC), current in all requirements and in good standing with the NATA is required.
- NPI number preferred
- Current CPR, AED and First Aid Certifications required
If this seems like a good fit with your background and interest, we’d love to hear from you.
Please complete the staff position application along with any additional requirements listed within the application. The application deadline is August 23, 2019.
Jesuit High School is an EOE