Dress Code & Personal Appearance Policy
Includes examples and dress policies for distance and in-person learning
- During Distance Learning students are required to wear Jesuit logowear – polo, T-shirt or sweatshirt (Casual Dress)
- No hat, hood, or other head covering is allowed in class during Distance Learning without express permission from the Dean’s Office
- Face coverings will be mandatory for everyone on campus. Students are responsible for their own face coverings and are advised to bring 2 face coverings to school each day. Face coverings should be kept clean and neat and can be any color or geometric pattern so long as the face covering is free of any written messages or symbols.
- Students must wear a collared JHS-authorized logowear shirt to school each day.
- Only JHS-authorized sweatshirts, windbreakers, and other outerwear may be worn to school. That sweatshirt or outerwear item must be worn on top of their collared JHS-authorized polo (or t-shirt on Fridays). A collared shirt, sweatshirt, or polo from all Jesuit activities (athletics, clubs, Campus Ministry) are allowed.
- A heavy and/or rain protective non-JHS-authorized jacket is allowed, however, the student must be wearing his JHS-authorized collared shirt under his jacket. Any sweatshirt or other article of clothing must be Jesuit-authorized if it is worn under the heavy and/or rain protective non-JHS-authorized jacket.
- Shorts and pants regulations are as follows:
- Chino-style slacks of any solid color are allowed.
- Cargo style, patterned, sweats, pajamas, or denim are not allowed.
- Only JHS-authorized hats or head coverings may be worn to school. No hat, hood, or other head covering is allowed in class without express permission from the Dean’s Office.
- We will allow for a more casual dress code on Fridays only (unless that day is designated for Dress Attire) where students may wear JHS-authorized logowear t-shirts. Jeans will also be permitted on Fridays only. No ripped or excessively baggy jeans are allowed.
*Please refer to your Student-Parent Handbook for the full Dress Code.