Sophomore and Junior Service Requirement
Service & Justice Requirements have been modified
Office of Service and Justice Department Program Objectives
The Office of Service and Justice programming is designed to form students as men for and with others.
- Creates opportunities for students to experience solidarity with people who are poor and marginalized;
- Encourages students to attend to and understand the needs of the created world;
- Supports students in the development of habits of reflection and skills of social analysis that help them work for social change;
- Assists students in connecting their lives of faith, Catholic Social teaching, and the needs of the communities of which they are a part.
Service as an educational vehicle for heightened awareness of injustice in the world, compassion toward others, and living the Jesuit value of being men “for and with others.”
Students can now engage in in-person service activities at pre-approved agencies where students are welcomed by the agency as volunteers. When engaging in in-person service, students should utilize all Covid-19 mitigation practices at their disposal and follow all safety protocols required at their chosen service placement. Select virtual and remote opportunities are also available.
Sophomores (Class of 2024)
- End of 1st Quarter: October 8, 2021 - 4 hours of service
- End of 2nd: December 17, 2021 - 8 hours of service
- End of 3rd: March 4, 2022 - 12 hours of service
- End of 4th: May 13, 2022 - 16 hours of service
Juniors (Class of 2023)
- End of 1st Quarter: October 8, 2021 - 5 hours of service
- End of 2nd: December 17, 2021 - 10 hours of service
- End of 3rd: March 5, 2022 - 15 hours of service
- End of 4th: May 7, 2022 - 20 hours of service