Sophomore and Junior Service Requirement
Service & Justice Requirements have been modified
Office of Service and Justice Department Program Objectives
The Office of Service and Justice programming is designed to form students as men for and with others.
- Creates opportunities for students to experience solidarity with people who are poor and marginalized;
- Encourages students to attend to and understand the needs of the created world;
- Supports students in the development of habits of reflection and skills of social analysis that help them work for social change;
- Assists students in connecting their lives of faith, Catholic Social teaching, and the needs of the communities of which they are a part.
Specific Goals in the Light of COVID-19
Service as an educational vehicle for heightened awareness of injustice in the world, compassion toward others, and living the Jesuit value of being men “for and with others.”
Engaging in service (remote/contactless) encourages students to be in relationship with transformative practices; practices that transform both their communities and themselves.
Sophomores (Class of 2023)
- End of 1st Quarter: October 9, 2020 - 3 hours of service
- End of 2nd: December 18, 2020 - 6 hours of service
- End of 3rd: March 5, 2021 - 9 hours of service
- End of 4th: May 7, 2021 - 12 hours of service
Juniors (Class of 2022)
- End of 1st Quarter: October 9, 2020 - 4 hours of service
- End of 2nd: December 18, 2020 - 8 hours of service
- End of 3rd: March 5, 2021 - 12 hours of service
- End of 4th: May 7, 2021 - 16 hours of service