Jesuit Announces Search Committee for School President
Panel to include Trustees, Alums, Faculty, Staff and Current Parents
As announced last month, the Jesuit High School of Sacramento Board of Trustees is focused on the selection of the next President for Jesuit. We believe Jesuit’s unique mission and academic stature will attract a number of highly qualified candidates. The Presidential Search Committee will assume responsibility of identifying qualified candidates and the full Board of Trustees will appoint the new President based on the committee’s work and recommendations.
The Presidential Search Committee consists of the following members from our community:
- Julie Nauman, Committee Chair, Current Trustee, Past Board Chair and Alumni Parent
- Jim Donahue ’75, Board Chair and Alumni Parent
- Kelly Brothers ’82, Board Vice-chair and Alumni Parent
- John Lemmon ’72, Trustee and Alumni Parent
- Amy Rogers, Trustee and Alumni Parent
- Jeff Phelan ’81, Trustee
- Anne Long, Chief Financial Officer and Director of Human Resources, and Alumni Parent
- La Roddric Theodule, Dean of Students, Administration Representative
- Sara Brabec, Jesuit Faculty Representative
- Fr. Aaron Engebretson S.J., Spiritual Advisor
- Jennifer Carlino, Executive Assistant, President’s Office, Staff Representative and Current Parent
The Presidential Search Committee members are drawn primarily from the Board of Trustees, and represent alumni, employees, parents of current students and alumni, and bring a diversity of perspectives and opinions to the process along with a demonstrated commitment to the school’s mission statement and Ignatian values. In performing the search, the Board will also coordinate with the Provincial of the Jesuits West Province, Very Rev. Sean O. Carroll, S.J.
The Board knows that selecting a President is among its most important responsibilities, and it will therefore consider only the most qualified candidates for this critical key leadership position. Jesuit High School has been most fortunate to have a Jesuit priest serve as our President for many years while most other Jesuit schools have not enjoyed this benefit. It is not always possible to guarantee the hiring of another qualified Jesuit priest to serve as the school’s next President, and therefore the Board will consider both lay and religious candidates.
“It is important we find the right person and we will work to fill the position as soon as possible,” shared Julie Nauman.
To ensure that all potential candidates can apply without risk to their current positions, neither the Committee nor the Board will publicly disclose any candidate’s identity or participation.
As such, please respect this process, and understand that committee members will not be at liberty to disclose any information about the search. However, input from current families, faculty and staff, and alumni about their ideas for our next President are welcome. Questions to think about include:
- What is distinctive about Jesuit High School?
- What are the opportunities/challenges facing the next President?
- What are the backgrounds, experiences, skills, and attributes that you hope to see in the next President?
- What advice do you have for the Presidential Search Committee?
Additional questions and advice for the Presidential Search Committee can be shared with the chair or any committee member; or may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Throughout the process, the committee will continue to post updates on the school website.
Board Chair Jim Donahue adds, “Thank you for your dedication to Jesuit, and best wishes to you as we begin the new year. And thank you in advance for your advice and input as the Board begins this critical process.”