Camp ReCreation 2023
Application and Interview Times Now Available
Jesuit has long partnered with Camp ReCreation and as the Summer 2023 camp planning process has begun, applications and on-campus interviews are now available.
Volunteers spend the week working in a 1-to-1 ratio with a camper who has a developmental disability. Summer camp volunteers are required to be at least 16 years of age, but no specific prior experience is needed.
New volunteers are required to complete an application, interview, orientation and background screening prior to volunteering at our summer camp.
When and Where?
Camp takes place over three weeks of summer at Camp Ronald McDonald at Eagle Lake (near Susanville, CA). Transportation is provided to and from camp.
- Week #1 Sat., June 10 – Sat., June 17
- Week #2 Sat., June 17 – Sat., June 24
- Week #3 Sat., June 24 – Sat., July 1
A mandatory training for all new volunteers will take place in May, exact date, time, and location TBD.
Members of the Class of 2024 who would like to participate in Camp Rec as a way to fulfill their Senior Service Requirement–Independent Study should be sure to apply now.
Students interested in applying should
- Participate in Camp Rec’s mandatory Virtual Information Session on Sunday, February 26 from 1PM-3 PM via Zoom. They ask that you join virtually to learn more detailed information about your potential role at camp. If you would like to attend their Virtual Information Session on February 26, please RSVP to CampRecreation@outlook.com and they will send you the Zoom link.
- Complete the Volunteer Questionnaire (also available in Google Classroom). Students will bring their completed questionnaire to their interview.
- Reserve an interview time using their student.jhs.net email account through the calendar link. Appointments reserved that are not linked to a student.jhs.net account will be canceled.
Interviews will be available in the Office of Service and Justice at lunch during the weeks of February 27, March 6, and March 13.
While Jesuit will be hosting on-campus interviews, the application process occurs through Camp ReCreation. All questions about camp, requirements, expectations, and the like should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org