Please note that our Mass for Peace and Justice has been postponed until April —changing the Friday, January 14 bell schedule.
Report an absence any time
Please use either attendance line number to report an attendance concern/absence for your student. Both numbers, (916) 480-2135 or (916) 573-0291, will take you to an answering service, so you can call anytime day or night.
As we shared in the Healthy and Safety Update on Wednesday, the return from break has seen many of our Jesuit students experiencing absences, COVID exposures, or positive cases.
Jesuit has tried to maintain contact tracing of all cases of individuals on and off campus that then subsequently developed the virus. Still, the Omicron variant of COVID is making this more complicated as it does not always appear with defined symptoms. Health experts note that rapid antigen testing may not be as effective as with previous variants.
With that said, here is today’s update:
What we know
- Individuals can carry this variant and be asymptomatic, so immediate contact tracing may not always occur.
- The majority of cases we are aware of have very mild symptoms.
- Many of the positive cases and exposures that have been reported to the school began before the student was present on campus.
What we are doing
- Our campus school nurse is trying to serve all our families as a resource to consult and track all within our campus that have had possible exposure and positive cases. However, many are occurring outside of campus or reported to us several days later. Because of that timing, Jesuit (similar to many other schools) and county health professionals may not be making direct contact regarding possible exposure in every case.
- Jesuit continues to require masking indoors, encourage masking when in any group setting, have maximum ventilation with doors and windows open, maintain desk and social distancing, and keep eating and drinking outside.
What you should do
- Your first line of protection is to monitor for symptoms and not come to campus if feeling ill.
- Contact your health provider for guidance on treating symptoms, getting tested, and caring for any individual that may have COVID within your family.
- Share your vaccine status, including “booster,” with Jesuit through the Final Forms Portal.
Thank you for your patience and confidence as we all work through this new pandemic challenge together. We know that having your son on-campus is the best place to learn, feel supported, and socially engage with his peers. We are committed to maintaining a safe, in-person experience for all our students. As we have throughout this pandemic, we are in communication with Sacramento County health officials and are monitoring local and state COVID updates. Jesuit will adjust our operations as needed upon their recommendations or applicable new school guidelines.