Since obtaining my teaching credential in 1987, I’ve taught various combinations of math and science. Most recently I taught in the math department at St. Francis HS. I also taught overseas, in Ghana, as a member of the Peace Corps. I love teaching math and am passionate about the importance of critical thinking and analysis in today’s world. When I’m not at Jesuit, my husband Jerome and I enjoy time with our three kids (Chloe, Nat and Marcus) who attend St. Mary, our parish school.
Mr. Chandley is a proud alumnus of Jesuit High School (Class of ‘93). After graduating from Cornell University, he began his teaching career at St. John the Evangelist K-8 school in 1998, and he has worked at Jesuit since 2001, teaching a wide variety of courses in the Math Department. Additionally, he is the Faculty Adviser for the Cutlass, the student-created yearbook. He has absolutely loved his Jesuit experience, both as a student and as a teacher.
- 1993-1999: 6 years Mathematics teaching in England ages 11 to 18, teaching at Eccesbourne School in Derbyshire and All Saints R.C. School in Mansfield.
- 1999-2002: 3 years teaching Mathematics at Moreau Catholic High School in the Bay Area.
- 2002-present: Jesuit High School.
A Sacramento native, Rod graduated from Hiram Johnson High School in 1984, and graduated from the University of California, Berkeley in 1989. While at Cal, Rod was a three time All-American in the high hurdles. Rod competed professionally in track and field from 1989-1997, going to the U.S. Olympic Trials in 1988, 1992, and 1996. Rod began teaching and coaching in 1997 working at Sheldon High School (Elk Grove) and St, Mary’s High School (Berkeley) before coming to Jesuit in 2002. Rod currently teaches U.S. History and Global Studies.
A Sacramento native, Kimberly graduated from the University of California, Davis in 1989 with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. After several years working as an environmental consultant for Jones & Stokes Associates in Sacramento, Kimberly returned to college, graduating with a Master’s Degree in Mathematics from California State University, Sacramento in 1998. Upon graduation, Kimberly joined the faculty of Jesuit High School and has been having an excellent time with her students ever since!
- BA Mathematics-CSU Sacramento, 2004
- AS CIS-Information Systems Security, 2017
- AS CIS-Network Administration, 2017
- Business Investments Club
- Arduino Club
- Software Development Team
- Cybersecurity Club
- 2018 California Cyber Innovation Challenge – 2nd Place
- 2018 California Mayors Cyber Cup Sacramento Region – 1st Place
- 2018 HP CodeWars Roseville – Novice Division 3rd
- Math Teacher
- AP Coordinator
Prior to working at Jesuit, served in the Peace Corps from 1982 to 1985 in Zaire teaching math for 2 years and as a regional representative for one. Continued to work in Zaire with USAID from 1985 to 1991. Returned to the United States and moved back to Sacramento in December 1991.