Physics and Chemistry
Ms. Becker holds a B.S. from the University of Notre Dame and an M.Ed (with an emphasis in Curriculum and Instruction in Science) from the University of Missouri. Amy spent the last 8 years teaching Physics and Chemistry in Catholic high schools, most recently at Marist Catholic High School in Eugene, Oregon, and has been involved in student retreats, Track and Field, and the National Honor Society.
Mathematics / Integrated Science
Veronica Graffis comes with more than 30 years of public and private K-12 classroom teaching experience, including a career with St. Michael’s Episcipal Day School. Most recently, she worked as a math tutor at Cristo Rey High School where she helped students in need of additional academic support.
- UC Berkeley, Bachelors degree
- Single subject teaching credential in Life Science from San Francisco State University
Gregory Harcos ’89
Chemistry / Director of Summer Programs / Frosh Basketball Coach
Joined Jesuit High School in 1998 as a full time teacher in the Science Department. Over the past two decades has served in many capacities:
- Teacher (1998-2015, 2019-present) Honors Chemistry, Chemistry, General Science, Geometry Science Department Chair/Academic board (2007–2015)
- Head Varsity Basketball Coach (2002-2015)
- Head of the Athletic Department (2015-2019)
Married to Molly, with three children Jack (10), Cate (7), and Caroline (1)
Anatomy & Physiology / Biology / Science Department Chair
A graduate of Loretto High School, Emily has a Bachelor’s degree in Biology from George Washington University and a Master’s degree in Education and Credential in Life Science from USF. For the past 4 years, Emily has been teaching Science at St. Michael’s Episcopal Day School and working with their Robotics program.
Tom Witzgall ’98
- BS Biology – UCSD – 2002
- Single Subject Credential – Biology and Chemistry
- Cross Country Assistant Coach
First year working at Jesuit: 2006
- BS Biochemistry – UC Davis